Very few body parts are put through as much strain or as exposed to injury as often as the feet. The constant stress of walking, standing, and running for hours each day leads to a variety of injuries and foot problems. Foot pain makes ordinary tasks unbearable, so take the time to pamper your feet. One simple solution is swapping out shoes for slippers whenever possible.
Learn four ways this switch can benefit you.
Beauty sleep is no misnomer. Good, deep sleep can help restore your skin and hair while letting your cells repair themselves to heal injuries, scars, and pimples. But did you know that your pillowcase can go a long way toward helping with restful beauty sleep?
If you’re wondering what pillowcase materials help you wake up feeling refreshed and beautiful, then here’s what you need to know about three of the most luxurious pillowcase materials.
There aren’t many clothing items more versatile than a great bathrobe. In addition to making it easy to protect your privacy when the housekeepers arrive, the surge in athleisure wear has made high-end robes a normal part of daily dress — with celebrities wearing them everywhere from airports to basketball games. Here are four things you should think about before buying a new bathrobe, and why you won’t regret the research.
Many people have trouble sleeping, and this common issue may be caused by similar issues. By looking at a few of the reasons, you can start to see how small changes around your home can make all the difference. This post lists some of the changes you can make in your home to improve your ability to sleep.
Create Regular Sleeping Habits to Get Better Sleep
Human beings tend to do better with most things when they follow a routine. Sleep is no different. Creating a sleep pattern can help attune your body to sleeping and waking at the right times. Read More
Ladies’ underwear gets all the attention: big-budget commercials and fashion shows for a certain lingerie company, artistic black-and-white magazine advertisements, and even celebrity endorsements for iconic designer-brand underwear. But what about men? Opulence of Southern Pines thinks their underwear matters too!
First, let’s look at the three most popular options for men’s underwear by type:
- Briefs – the classic “tighty whities” come in more colors than just white, although white is usually the staple. Briefs are tight and supportive, but are considered less fashionable than other underwear options.
- Boxers – boxer shorts are loose, comfy, and cool temperature-wise. Boxers offer no support but are fashionable and generally flattering to all body types. They come in a variety of colors and patterns, which makes them a more fun choice over briefs.
- Boxer Briefs – considered the “ultimate” male underwear, boxer briefs combine the best of both worlds. They offer the cozy supportiveness of briefs with the stylish comfort of boxers.
A recent polling from earlier this year found that 58% of men purchase boxer briefs – a staggering majority over the 18% who buy boxers and 6% who buy “tighty whities” (16% opt for colorful briefs). The men polled stated that they want their underwear to be supportive, look good, and not bunch or hike up on their thighs. Boxer briefs check all these boxes and more.
Want to see what all the fuss is about when it comes to boxer briefs? At Opulence of Southern Pines, we carry Private Holdings Boxer Briefs and SAXX Underwear. Both are top-of-the-line, high quality brands that will give you exactly what you’re looking for when it comes to supportive yet stylish men’s underwear.
Many people are aware that having high-quality, high thread count sheets makes for a better night’s sleep. But did you know that having luxurious, high-quality pajamas can also help you catch your most restful Z’s? Here’s what you should consider when purchasing the perfect pair of pajamas:
- Cotton– This classic, all-natural fabric is lightweight, soft, and breathable, allowing for air circulation, and doesn’t tend to irritate the skin. It’s a great option for most seasons, however, it does a poor job of insulating and may not keep you warm enough if your climate experiences harsh winters.
- Silk – This fabric is a multi-tasker: it can keep you warm when you’re too cold and cool when you’re too hot. That said, real silk is expensive and requires dry-cleaning. It also has a slippery feel that not everyone will love – but it does feel luxurious!
- Flannel – For colder months, a pair of pajamas made from this soft and snuggly fabric is the perfect choice. The material is comfortable and provides warmth and breathability, so it can help you stay toasty without getting overheated.
- Bamboo – This fabric, spun from fibers of the bamboo plant, feels soft and silky on the skin. A natural moisture-wicker, it keeps you at a comfortable temperature and is a great choice for those who experience night sweats. Plus, it’s hypoallergenic and may have anti-bacterial properties that are beneficial for allergy sufferers. Did we mention it’s 100% biodegradable? What’s not to love!
- Pajama Sets – Pajama sets usually consist of a matching top and bottom, in whichever fabric and length you choose.
- Nightgowns – Geared toward women, nightgowns are long, flowy, one-piece pajamas.
- Robes – Perhaps they aren’t slept in like pajamas, but robes are considered loungewear as they are usually worn during that in-between time that you are out of bed, but before you change into your clothes for the day.
- Slippers – You may not think of your feet when it comes to sleepwear, but comfy slippers are a good addition to your nighttime attire. Feet that are too cold can contribute to sleeplessness, so be sure to keep a pair of slippers by your bedside!
At Opulence of Southern Pines, we stock over 25 of the top designers for sleepwear and loungewear in all different styles and fabrics – for women, men, and children, too! Browse our pajama collections on our website and outfit your entire family in sleepwear from Opulence of Southern Pines!