Many people are aware that having high-quality, high thread count sheets makes for a better night’s sleep. But did you know that having luxurious, high-quality pajamas can also help you catch your most restful Z’s? Here’s what you should consider when purchasing the perfect pair of pajamas:
- Cotton– This classic, all-natural fabric is lightweight, soft, and breathable, allowing for air circulation, and doesn’t tend to irritate the skin. It’s a great option for most seasons, however, it does a poor job of insulating and may not keep you warm enough if your climate experiences harsh winters.
- Silk – This fabric is a multi-tasker: it can keep you warm when you’re too cold and cool when you’re too hot. That said, real silk is expensive and requires dry-cleaning. It also has a slippery feel that not everyone will love – but it does feel luxurious!
- Flannel – For colder months, a pair of pajamas made from this soft and snuggly fabric is the perfect choice. The material is comfortable and provides warmth and breathability, so it can help you stay toasty without getting overheated.
- Bamboo – This fabric, spun from fibers of the bamboo plant, feels soft and silky on the skin. A natural moisture-wicker, it keeps you at a comfortable temperature and is a great choice for those who experience night sweats. Plus, it’s hypoallergenic and may have anti-bacterial properties that are beneficial for allergy sufferers. Did we mention it’s 100% biodegradable? What’s not to love!
- Pajama Sets – Pajama sets usually consist of a matching top and bottom, in whichever fabric and length you choose.
- Nightgowns – Geared toward women, nightgowns are long, flowy, one-piece pajamas.
- Robes – Perhaps they aren’t slept in like pajamas, but robes are considered loungewear as they are usually worn during that in-between time that you are out of bed, but before you change into your clothes for the day.
- Slippers – You may not think of your feet when it comes to sleepwear, but comfy slippers are a good addition to your nighttime attire. Feet that are too cold can contribute to sleeplessness, so be sure to keep a pair of slippers by your bedside!
At Opulence of Southern Pines, we stock over 25 of the top designers for sleepwear and loungewear in all different styles and fabrics – for women, men, and children, too! Browse our pajama collections on our website and outfit your entire family in sleepwear from Opulence of Southern Pines!